Omega Seamaster Diver 300m
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the words omega watches? Is it James Bond, NASA, luxury, space, or even all the above?
The Omega Seamaster watches were launched in 1948, and over the years, they have offered precise technology, comfort, and innovative designs for both amateur and professional divers. In 1993, the professional Omega Seamaster Diver 300m was developed and it became an instant success. Thanks to Frenchman Roland Specker who achieved a free dive world record of 80m and on his wrist was the Omega Seamaster Diver 300M.
Since then, the Diver 300M became an iconic watch and it was worn in several memorable events. It became popular not only as a water sports watch but also because of its many appearances in James Bonds films. Apart from that, the legendary dive watch impresses with its classic design, several exciting features, and precision. It has been constantly evolving and going hand in hand with developing technology.
Reasons to Buy Omega Seamaster Diver 300m
So, why should you go for the diving watch? Below are some of the reasons that make this watch worth your time and money.
- It is water-resistant up to a depth of 300 meters in water.
- Durable materials including stainless steel, two-tone versions, etc.
- Has a helium escape valve making it the best for saturation diving
- An iconic watch used by the most popular spy in movies like “GoldenEye” and “No Time to Die”
- Awarded as the ‘Watch of the Year’ in 1994
- Chronometer caliber with a shock-resistant Co-Axial escarpment
- Limited Omega Seamaster Diver 300m models to match your needs
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
How Much Does Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Cost?
There are several Omega Seamaster diver models, each with its exceptional design, style, and price. Some of the top ones include:
- Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M 188.8.131.52.03.001: A classic model that comes with skeletonized hands, a blue dial, and a blue bezel. Its case and straps are made of stainless steel and are also equipped with the caliber 2500. In terms of its price, this model costs around €3,500.
- Seamaster Diver 300 184.108.40.206.03.001: It is entirely meant to be used in the water. This model was presented in Baselworld 2018. Besides, it has wavy lines and so is the rearview wavy.
- Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M 220.127.116.11.01.002: A unisex watch with a black dial and bezel. Its case and bracelet are made with stainless steel, which is waterproof. Moreover, this model can be used at a depth of up to 300 meters. 2013 models cost approximately €3,500.
Commander’s Watch 18.104.22.168.04.001: This is another popular watch dedicated to the secret agent. The name for this model refers to James Bond’s rank in the royal navy. The watch includes a 41mm stainless steel, a blue bezel, and a red and white ceramic dial. What is even interesting is the rotor, which looks like the exterior of a 9-mm bullet. The watch also displays the secret agent’s logo, which is noticeable thanks to the sapphire crystal back. Besides, the prices for this model can range from 4,600 to 5,600 USD.
Casino Royale 22.214.171.124.01.005: It is a stainless-steel watch (41mm) with a “50” in red on its black ceramic bezel. Also has “007” logos on the dial. In terms of price, this model sells for about 5,300 USD but previously owned pieces can cost about 240 USD less.
Why Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Is So Special?
The Omega Seamaster Diver 300m is special in so many ways making it a great value for your money. It is one of the most popular timepieces. But what makes them such a lasting favorite? Below are several reasons why:
- The James Bond effect: As mentioned before, James Bond wore the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m several times during his four turns as a secret agent. The Quartz version became a hit when he wore in the 1995 Goldeneye, before he, later, switched to the automatic Chronometer for his next films.
- Durable case: The Omega Seamaster Diver 300m comes in stainless steel with a polished and brushed finishing. Thanks to the helium escape valve, it can be used about 300 meters deep underwater since it is water-resistant. This valve allows gas to escape while saturation diving at those depths.
- Straps: You can choose to have the stainless-steel bracelet or try other NATO straps such as leather, polyester, etc.
- Superior Precision: According to Omega, the Diver 300m is as twice precise as any other certified chronometer.
- Anti-magnetic: The watch is equipped with silicon balance springs, which are capable of withstanding even the highest magnetic fields of up to 15,000 gausses.
- Has a five-year warranty
- Less Servicing needed: The Co-Axial escapement reduces the need for lubrication, thus less servicing.
- Automatic winding in both directions
- Over 27 Diver 300m variations: Each of them comes with one or two unique features to fit the preferences of each client.
Is Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Worth Money?
After reading the information above, you might be wondering, is this wristwatch worth your money? And the answer is yes. Omega Seamaster Diver is undoubtedly the best value for your money in the market today. Different models are released regularly to keep up with the technology and other developments in the industry. It is not so hard to see why this timepiece is extremely popular.
For starters, it has a strong design, excellent heritage, and robust all-round performance. At USD 4,000, it offers a great value for money as it comes in steel and a matching bracelet. And let us not forget about the James Bond effect. It is, therefore, no surprise that the diver watch is the perfect option for any outfit be it formal, action-oriented, or casual.
Furthermore, the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m comes with powerful features from the water-resistant case, helium escape valve, to the Omega Co-Axial Master Chronometer Caliber 8800, and so much more.