Royal Family Watches
With recent controversies, more and more people pay attention to the lifestyle of the British royal family. With Oprah Winfrey’s interview, we all can learn about how royal life works. Today we hope to add another chapter to that. In this article, we will talk about the type of watches royal family members wear. It is a well-known fact that Prince William wears Omega Seamaster Diver 300Mwatch.
Why is that Prince William adored this Omega watch so Much?
This Seamaster 300M watch was given to him by his mother, Princess Diana. He received this watch as a gift when he was 12 years old. Since that day, it was a precious item for him. In 2011, he wore it to his wedding too.
History of Omega Watches
So, what makes these Omega Seamaster Diver 300Mwatches so special?
To talk about the Omega watches, we need to go back to 1848. It all began in Switzerland inside of a small workshop. In the first three years, Louis Brandt gathered moderate income from this small watch business. But, he was able to expand his business across Europe and other countries in the next few years. After he died in 1879, his sons took over the family business, and after six short years, they were able to launch the Labrador watch.
Here are some historical events regarding Omega watches.
- 1885 – First ever massed produced caliber, the Labrador
- 1892 – First ever minute repeating timepiece
- 1894 – Released the 19-line Omega Caliber
- 1932 – Omega became the official timekeeper for Olympic events.
- 1948 – Released the Omega Seamaster watch
- 1962 – Astronaut Wally Schirra warned Omega Speedmaster watch.
- 1969 – Buzz Aldrin warned Omega Speedmaster watch on the first trip to the moon.
- 1970 – Became significant part of Apollo 13 mission
- 1990 – Launched the official James Bond watch. Omega seamaster worn by Pierce Brosnan
With this impressive history and reputation, the Omega watches became one of the favorite items in the royal family’s jewelry collection.
Omega’s History with James Bond Films
The partnership between Omega and James Bond movies began in 1995. Omega introduced the first Omega Seamaster Diver 300Mwatch in 1993, and this watch was featured in the movie GoldenEye. Pierce Brosnan wore the Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M Quartz in this 1995 James Bond movie. Since then, the Omega watches have appeared in a lot of James Bond movies. Such as Die Another Day, Casino Royale, and No Time to Die. Daniel Craig wore a vintage Seamaster 42mm Black Dial 300M watch in No Time to Die movie.
Royal Family Watch Collection
It has become a tradition and fashion for the royal family to wear these fantastic Omega wristwatches. But, the royal family members wear brands like Patek Philippe, Rolex, Cartier, and many more. So, let us find out more details about the royal family’s watch collection.
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth II was very passionate about wristwatches even before she was Queen. This passion led to collecting some iconic watches, and she became a watch collector.
In 1953 at her crowning, she wore a Jaeger 101 watch. She wore this watch for many years. With a fantastic bracelet, this watch possesses the world record for minor movement.
Also, she wore a Patek Philippe watch. It has a bezel set with 30 diamonds.
The Queen is rumored to have over 14 luxury watches. From that collection, her favorite was the Omega Ladymatic. This watch featured in her official portrait that was taken in 1992. In her collection, she has Audemars Piguet watch too.
In Princess Diana’s famous photographs, she wore a Cartier Tank watch. She owned two versions of this iconic watch; A Tank Louise Cartier and Tank Francaise. Princess Diana was often spotted wearing these two models in public. Megan Markle currently owns this Tank Francaise model.
Prince Charles wore a Patek Philippe Calatrava. This model was used by him when he was playing polo. He believed that it could bring him luck. You can see in this famous photo Princess Diana wearing this watch during Prince Charles’s Polo match.
Prince William – Duke of Cambridge
Prince William wears an Omega Seamaster Diver 300Mwatch. This watch was an exceptional item for him. Because it was a gift from his mother, Princess Diana, he never goes outside without wearing it. He wore this blue dial masterpiece to his wedding too.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
Prince Harry has an astonishing watch collection, and most favorite model is Rolex Explorer II. He ordered this watch when he was serving at Attack Helicopter Regiment. This model is a limited edition.
Kate Middleton may be the next Queen in the British royal family with an inspirational and quiet lifestyle. She wears a classic Cartier Ballon Bleu model. She wore this watch during the official New Zealand and Australia trip in 2014.
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
For 25 long years, Prince Andrew has worn his Rolex Day-Date model. He was spotted a few times wearing this iconic watch.
More Facts about these Omega Watches
- With the release of 19-line Omega Caliber, in 1984 the company started to grow rapidly over the next few decades.
- President Nixon famously rejected the first-ever Speedmaster Deluxe in 1969 because it was too valuable.
- Al Pacino was spotted wearing these Omega watches during his movie Scarface.
- In 1984 and 1990, Omega created two special edition watches for their founder Louis Brandt.
- Ringo Starr was spotted with a digital Omega watch, and it was created in 1973. It was Omega’s first LED watch.
- Omega Constellation Baguette is the most expensive watch in Omega’s watch collection, and it cost around $700,000. This model is made from 36 carats gold and diamonds.
Final Thoughts on Royal Family Watches
The British royal family is very fond of luxury watches. As you can understand from this article, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Harry both are luxury wristwatch collectors. Among all these brands, Omega is the most favorite brand for the royal family. Even nowadays, Prince William wears his Omega Seamaster Diver 300Mwatch.