What watch diameter fits on which wrist size?
Watches are an exquisite gift. Anniversaries to birthdays – everyone likes to receive a good-looking watch. Finding a good watch isn’t really a piece of cake. You have to keep many things in mind, including the style and watch diameter. Not every watch would fit a person’s wrist. They say size doesn’t matter, but in the case of watches – its essential to know the size. PERIOD. We’re not going to debate on this any further.
The question is – What watch diameter fits on which wrist size?
Here’s an article that will give you a complete insight on average wrist size male (and female). Let’s dive in!
Why choosing a watch in the right size is essential?
In today’s world, there’s a watch for every single person. Whether you’re a student or a billionaire – there’s a watch that suits your style.
Although our smartphones and fitness watches tell us the right time, but a watch is a status symbol and also a style statement. The entire outfit glows when there’s a watch in place.
You can simply wear a watch and not accessorize at all. It is a symbol of power as well! When you’re wearing a watch, it tells the world a lot about your personality.
It’s a no-brainer – watches are timeless and nothing can replace them. If you’re a watch enthusiast, we would suggest you to go for the right diameter. Anything loose will slip off your wrist – and let’s not forget that some watches are expensive. They’re a prized possession for many people.
Getting a loose watch doesn’t help, and a tight one will be a problem. A tight watch obstructs the oxygen flow and causes rashes and cuts.
Choosing the right size will satisfy the wearer and they will be happy that they bought the right thing. Going by the average wrist size male, you might be able to buy the perfect fit. But it is best to check the size and then buy the gift. If it’s a gift, the person who gifted it to you will be glad that it fit your wrist perfectly.
Let’s cut to the chase and understand what watch diameter would fit on which wrist size.
Choosing the Right Watch Diameter
The first step is to measure your wrist. You can do so by using an inch tape, a string, or even a dollar.
How do you do that?
- Open your hand and place the inch tape or measuring tape middle of your wrist. Now wrap the measurement tape around your wrist. Wherever the inch tape meets the mid-point will be your wrist size. It could be six inches, seven inches, or so on. This is a convenient method and also the most accurate one as well.
- There’s another way to find out the size of your wrist. Take a string and place the starting point in the middle of the wrist. Wrap it around and let it meet the starting point. Mark the point where it starts and ends with a pen or a marker. Use a ruler to measure the inches.
- Some people use a dollar to check their wrist size. How does it work? A dollar note is about six inches, so it will only measure six inches and not more. There are some drawbacks here, but anybody with a six-inch hand will get to confirm their wrist size.
What’s the right watch diameter for your wrist?
Now that you are aware of your wrist size, its easy to find out the diameter.
6 inches is a small wrist size, so the perfect diameter that should fit your wrist is 38 mm.
But, if the wrist size is more than 6.5 inches or 7, you must get a 40mm case. This is the average wrist size male.
42 mm is best for those with a wrist size of 7 to 7.5. A watch should be comfortable to wear, and thus you need the right size.
44 mm is ideal for those who have a wrist size of 7.5 to 8 inches.
Please note that case diameter is different for men and women. Women case diameter ranges from 26 mm to 29 mm. There are mini watches as well with a diameter of 23 to 25 mm.
Anybody with a large wrist should not opt for a 46 mm watch. It looks uncomfortable and is quite big. However, if you feel you can carry it off, go ahead and try it.
There’s no hard-and-fast rule of what diameter you SHOULD opt for. Personal preferences also matter, so if you feel you want an oversized watch, feel free to buy it.
You can either choose something that fits an average wrist size male or something that’s oversized.
What’s the ideal case thickness?
Thin cases are a thing of the past. People loved wearing thin watch case because it looked a little more elegant. Also, it used to be a luxury pierce with a higher price tag.
Watch tastes have now changed and people are preferring chunkier watches. The case thickness has somewhat increased and people are embracing different styles.
Case thickness is something which is overlooked by many watch buyers. However, you must consider the following things:
- Are you going to wear the watch during winter season? A thick case watch will make your jacket or coat stretch. In this case you can opt for a suave and thin case watch.
- Check your wardrobe and see the kind of clothes you have. If you feel that you want your watch to be the highlight and not the clothes, then a chunkier case watch is ideal.
We hope that this gave you an idea about how to choose the case thickness and also the diameter.
We’ll highlight it again – it’s your personal choice about what you wish to wear.
NATO to metal types of bands – everything looks good to us. The wearer has to decide the style they need. In case it’s a gift, you can take some inspiration or hints from the person you are gifting it to.
A watch is such a versatile accessory. It shows the right time and also makes anyone look like a style diva or a fashionable hunk.
Whatever you choose will be fantastic, so go ahead and take the size of your wrist and choose the watch diameter accordingly.